In the recently released JLL’s 2015 United States Technology Office Outlook, it was noted that technology firms and startups aren’t just exploring new U.S. markets, they’re starting to plant roots. Over the past year, 73 percent of the sector’s office leases represented occupancy growth. According to the report, expansion for the technology industry in 2015 is no longer just about the convenience of cheaper rents or accessing new talent pools. It’s a strategic necessity.
Orange County highlights include:
- Orange County has one of the fastest growing tech markets in the nation.
- Based on a rolling 12 months, Orange County technology firms attracted a total of $586.97 million of venture capital funding, up 63.5 percent from the previous 12 months.
- In the JLL locator matrix Orange County ranked in the “High startup opportunity, low cost” category, which is the sweet spot for young companies. This is based on startup momentum, tech real estate and employment costs and other key factors.
- Orange County’s economy is growing faster than the nation’s economy. Orange County
- Tech firms in Orange County have a large labor pool with a highly educated and talented workforce.
To view the entire report, please click here.